Wednesday 4 December 2013

So apparently my scheduled posts haven't been posting...

There was me thinking I was being all prepared, smugly waiting for my posts to.. post each day, and I check my blog today to find out that nothing has posted. What?! I'm not sure if this is my fault or Google Chrome's again.. hmm.
Alas, we shall continue from where we've left off!
DECEMBER HAPPINESS TAG DAY 4
Making movies makes me happy. I didn't even realise how much I like recording things and editing them until we had to record a christmas advert for Psychology (yeah I'm still trying to figure that one out too). When it comes to things like this I'm not especially great at group work if I'm with people who don't know what they're doing, however this time I was pretty clueless at first as well so we were all in the same boat. We were given a camera and tripod and were left to our own devices to record an advert. Hmm. The biggest problem was the lack of supplies - aside the shitty christmas tree in college we had absolutely nothing festive. In the end we took a casual approach and filmed loads of people saying Merry Christmas and laughing. We mixed this with some close ups of baubles and the tree and edited it all together, added music and we were done! I ended up doing pretty much everything because I was the most enthusiastic, but my friends pretty much told me what we should do and I did it.. does that sound more fair?
It was great using the cameras too because in a few weeks time we're starting our Media coursework in which we have to film a movie trailer - using the exact same equiptment just with a more complex program! We're supposed to be in groups of 2 or 3 and I think my group have subtly agreed on going together (I hope!) but we'll see.
I'm really happy that I'm enjoying it so much - I'm applying for Journalism courses at university and although I'm much more into the writing aspect it would be good to have some knowledge on the other parts too. I guess after this the only thing left is radio!
I think once I've done the finishing tweaks on the video I'll upload it because I'm pretty proud of it, except the sound quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment